The Fire Department does more than respond to emergencies! During the course of a typical week, firefighters may be found engaged in a wide range of activities such as:
- Training: for our own members and members of other fire departments
- Equipment Maintenance: ensuring that everything is in working order for when an emergency call comes in
- Fire Hydrant Maintenance: including testing, winterizing and painting
- Fire Inspections: to help property owners minimize risks and prevent losses
- Pre-incident Planning
- Post-fire Investigations
- Disaster Management Planning: in cooperation with other agencies and departments
- Public Education: courses and seminars for interested groups
- Fire Hall Tours: for school groups and others
- Administration: records management and reporting
- And more.
There is never a dull day at the fire department!
The items in the left hand menu contain further information on services at the Fire Department.